Friday, January 7, 2011

A Long Line of Family

I finally broke down and am beginning a BLOG! I've been working on my family's faith stories -- and I mean going back to well the Mayflower and maybe a little before by the time I finish.

I have been doing genealogy for about 25 years, have tons of records, stories and pedigree charts. I've gotten my line back to Alfred the Great! Oh, yeah. Found a couple of lines that go back to Edward II of England and beyond to old Al. I figured it was time to share a little of my research. I have been writing up some of this research in book form, but have decided that this was a cheaper way to share it with the world. I hope to get the research into book form but a blog is a great way to share this without having to pay for a lot of printing few people would buy. So I'll leave the hard-copy for those special few who are either closely related or have been a big help in my research.

I am dedicating this blog to all my ancestors, especially the ones who left clear and numerous paper paths to their stories.

Since this blog is being started on Jan 7, 2010 and that is also the day that musician Phil Kennemore of Y&T and an friend from childhood died, I would like to also begin with a simple tribute to his memory.  I haven't seen Phil in years and don't know a lot about the music he played, but I am not at all surprised that he dedicated his life to music and made a mark on the music world. May God have mercy on your soul, Phil. "Now cracks a noble heart. Good night, sweet prince, may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"

No comments:

Post a Comment